Orthodontics is the branch of dentistry dealing with correcting teeth and aligning jaws. The end result is a more pleasing outward appearance, better dental health, and teeth that can last a lifetime.
At Golden Square Dental we help patients achieve that perfect smile they’ve always dreamt of having.
Problems That Can Arise From Crooked Teeth or A Misaligned Bite
Crooked teeth or a misaligned bite aren’t just unsightly, they can have disastrous effects on your health. The constant health problems that arise from this condition can have lasting effects if not treated immediately.
Not correcting crooked teeth or a misaligned bite can result in any, or all, of these things:
- Early onset of tooth decay
- Eventual loss of teeth
- Developing a speech impediment
- Incorrect chewing patterns
- Abnormal wear and tear to healthy tooth enamel
- Gum disease
- Jaw problems
If you’ve experienced any of the following, it’s past time to give your dentist a visit:
- Difficulty in chewing or biting down on food
- Hearing a clicking sound in your jaw
- Involuntary grinding or clenching of teeth especially when asleep
- Slurring, or other speech impediments
- Imbalanced facial features
- Constantly biting the insides of your mouth
- Early or late loss of primary teeth
- Difficulty in breathing
- Constant headaches
These are just some of the indicators that you may need orthodontic treatment performed on your teeth. The sooner you get yourself checked, the better.
At Golden Square Dental we conduct a thorough oral examination to help determine if you need braces, retainers, or other orthodontic treatments. We provide structural or cosmetic orthodontic procedures to address your dental health issues.
Our staff is qualified to provide the best care for you. We put your comfort as our highest priority. We have multiple options for you to choose from, for your convenience.
Orthodontic Treatments Offered by Golden Square Dental
At Golden Square Dental, we offer these services to help you achieve that perfect smile:
- Braces – braces are the most common orthodontic treatments available to patients with crooked teeth. Every set of braces is unique. Our dentists will help you determine how to properly straighten your crooked teeth or correct a misaligned bite.
- Retainers – after braces are removed, retainers are used to keep teeth aligned. Retainers keep teeth from shifting back to their original position. Retainer use is temporary, as you won’t need them once your dentist determines the effects of wearing braces and retainers are permanent.
- Invisalign – modern advances in orthodontic treatments have paved the way for the creation of Invisalign. Invisalign offers a better fit than braces. Wearing Invisalign braces also cuts the time it takes for teeth to correctly align. In addition, Invisalign is nearly invisible, and can be removed for cleaning and eating.
At Golden Square Dental we provide orthodontic care to patients of all ages. We put your health and comfort as our highest priority. We provide a thorough assessment of your health before helping you decide the best course of action. We have also made it very convenient for our patients to get in touch with us either through phone calls or by sending in an online query.
Give us a call today and we’ll be very happy to help you out!
Orthodontics in Bendigo
If you’re like many people, you may not think about visiting a dentist until you develop a toothache, crack a tooth, or have some other urgent dental matter. However, an emergency is not the time to have to find a new dentist. Long before a dental disaster strikes, take the time to find a dentist and establish a routine of regular check-ups. Choosing a new dentist is easy when you keep the following tips in mind.
Whether you are looking for regular family dental care, orthodontics, or a cosmetic dentist in Bendigo, your dentist will be your partner in taking care of your teeth and gums. This is someone you’ll see many times over the years, so it makes sense that it should be someone who is a good fit with you and your family. Similar to a mechanic or hairstylist, a dentist should be someone you like and will want to stick with for a long time. Approach finding a dentist as a long-term proposition; your health is of the utmost importance, and you want to make sure that you and your family are in good hands.
What to Look For in a Dentist
As you are considering which dentist to choose, there are a few things to keep in mind to help you make the right decision.
- Is the dentist close enough to your home or office?
- Do they offer emergency care if needed?
- Is there adequate parking; are they located near public transport, if applicable?
- Do they offer the kinds of services you need – for example, cosmetic dentistry or orthodontics in Bendigo?
- Is the staff friendly and approachable? Can they answer your questions completely?
- Do they explain everything they’re doing and make sure that you understand what you need and why? Do they adequately address all your concerns?
- Do they focus on preventive care?
- Is the office clean and inviting?
- Is it somewhere you find pleasant to be while you wait?
Where to Look for Bendigo Orthodontics and Dentistry
If you are looking for a dentist in the Bendigo area, Golden Square Dental can help. Our team is made up of experienced professionals who are dedicated to providing the best care possible using the latest evidence-based approaches and a friendly, welcoming manner. We want you to be completely comfortable in our clinic and confident in the quality of our services. We see patients of all ages, taking special care to help children overcome any existing fear of visiting the dentist. We also focus first and foremost on preventive care, helping our patients maintain healthy smiles throughout their lives.
Our patients love our outstanding customer service, understanding staff, gentle approach, relaxing atmosphere, and convenient payment plans. Whether you are looking for a dentist to look after your baby’s new teeth, a family dentist for routine care, or a cosmetic dentist or orthodontist to address a specific problem, you’ll find them at Golden Square Dental. Contact us today for more information.