Orthodontics is the branch of dentistry dealing with correcting teeth and aligning jaws. The end result is a more pleasing outward appearance, better dental health, and teeth that can last a lifetime.
At Golden Square Dental we help patients achieve that perfect smile they’ve always dreamt of having.
Problems That Can Arise From Crooked Teeth or A Misaligned Bite
Crooked teeth or a misaligned bite aren’t just unsightly, they can have disastrous effects on your health. The constant health problems that arise from this condition can have lasting effects if not treated immediately.
Not correcting crooked teeth or a misaligned bite can result in any, or all, of these things:
- Early onset of tooth decay
- Eventual loss of teeth
- Developing a speech impediment
- Incorrect chewing patterns
- Abnormal wear and tear to healthy tooth enamel
- Gum disease
- Jaw problems
If you’ve experienced any of the following, it’s past time to give your dentist a visit:
- Difficulty in chewing or biting down on food
- Hearing a clicking sound in your jaw
- Involuntary grinding or clenching of teeth especially when asleep
- Slurring, or other speech impediments
- Imbalanced facial features
- Constantly biting the insides of your mouth
- Early or late loss of primary teeth
- Difficulty in breathing
- Constant headaches
These are just some of the indicators that you may need orthodontic treatment performed on your teeth. The sooner you get yourself checked, the better.
At Golden Square Dental we conduct a thorough oral examination to help determine if you need braces, retainers, or other orthodontic treatments. We provide structural or cosmetic orthodontic procedures to address your dental health issues.
Our staff is qualified to provide the best care for you. We put your comfort as our highest priority. We have multiple options for you to choose from, for your convenience.
Orthodontic Treatments Offered by Golden Square Dental
At Golden Square Dental, we offer these services to help you achieve that perfect smile:
- Braces – braces are the most common orthodontic treatments available to patients with crooked teeth. Every set of braces is unique. Our dentists will help you determine how to properly straighten your crooked teeth or correct a misaligned bite.
- Retainers – after braces are removed, retainers are used to keep teeth aligned. Retainers keep teeth from shifting back to their original position. Retainer use is temporary, as you won’t need them once your dentist determines the effects of wearing braces and retainers are permanent.
- Invisalign – modern advances in orthodontic treatments have paved the way for the creation of Invisalign. Invisalign offers a better fit than braces. Wearing Invisalign braces also cuts the time it takes for teeth to correctly align. In addition, Invisalign is nearly invisible, and can be removed for cleaning and eating.
At Golden Square Dental we provide orthodontic care to patients of all ages. We put your health and comfort as our highest priority. We provide a thorough assessment of your health before helping you decide the best course of action. We have also made it very convenient for our patients to get in touch with us either through phone calls or by sending in an online query.
Give us a call today and we’ll be very happy to help you out!