Losing your teeth to trauma, or for any reason, can be devastating. Everything you do is affected – speech is inaudible, eating is difficult, you’ll look older than your age, and there can be moment after moment of embarrassment.
At Golden Square Dental, we want to save you from this agony. Take advantage of our premium quality dentures and say goodbye to your dental problems!
Your local dentist at Golden Square Dental is dedicated to solving your dental problems so you can be back to smiling all the time.
Dentures: Definition And Types
Dentures are removable substitute for your missing natural teeth. These false teeth are made of acrylic (plastic), nylon, or metal. They closely resemble natural teeth and fit snugly over the gums.
Types of dentures are:
Complete dentures –used by people with no remaining natural teeth, this type of denture replaces all your teeth in the upper and lower arch. Complete dentures have a flesh-coloured acrylic base that fits over the gums. The upper denture covers the roof of the mouth, and the lower denture is shaped like a horseshoe to accommodate the tongue.
Partial dentures – Used when some natural teeth remain, these dentures are composed of replacement teeth attached to a gum-coloured acrylic base, which rests on a metal framework that attaches to your natural teeth.
Benefits Of Using Dentures
- Restores chewing/eating ability.
- Restores speech capacity.
- Provides right amount of stimulation for the jawbone to keep lips and cheeks from sagging.
- Pressure will be properly distributed among the teeth.
- Looks like your natural teeth.
- Boosts confidence.
Looking After Your Dentures
Golden Square Dental’s dentures are made of durable materials and with proper dental care, will last a long time. The following are steps to follow to ensure their durability and to keep your mouth healthy.
- Brush your dentures after every meal, at least twice a day, just like your natural teeth. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and brush your gums as well.
- Do not let your dentures dry out when you remove them. Always keep them moist by soaking them in a solution of denture-cleaning tablets recommended by your dentist.
- Always stand over a folded towel or something soft that can cushion the dentures in situations in which they might accidentally fall.
- To keep your gums healthy, your dentist will advise you to remove your dentures every night. Before you wear them again in the morning, brush your gums, tongue, and palate, first.
- Eat soft foods, or foods cut into small pieces. Chew slowly using both sides of your mouth to distribute the pressure.
- Avoid chewing gum or any sticky food, and food that is hard and sharp.
Golden Square Dental- Your Local Dentist in Golden Square
At Golden Square Dental, we want to help you with your dental issues. Missing tooth/teeth can be easily fixed with our premium quality dentures
Our team of dedicated dentist and staff has the knowledge, skills and technology to help you attain a lifetime of healthy smiles.