Dental emergencies can happen anytime, and no one is ever quite prepared for them when they occur. When it comes to dental emergencies, time is of utmost importance.
At Golden Square Dental, we see patients who encounter dental emergencies such as toothache, knocked-out teeth, loosened teeth, and broken teeth.
Our dental team are here to ease your pain and address any problems you might have sustained, and determine whether they involve your teeth alone or your gums and jaws as well. We want to see you and treat you right away.
Golden Square Dental strives to treat patients from Golden Square and surrounding areas on the same day.
How to Deal With Common Dental Emergencies
If you encounter a dental emergency, performing first aid is crucial in saving your smile. Here are some quick tips on how to manage some of the most common dental emergencies.
- Rinse mouth with warm water or salt water
- Floss the teeth to remove any food particles wedged between them
- Take over-the-counter pain reliever to alleviate the ache
- Do not place aspirin or any pain medication directly against the gums
- Put a few drops of clove oil on a small piece of cotton
- If caused by trauma, apply cold compress to the outside of your cheek
- Rinse mouth with warm water
- Do not put pressure on the damaged tooth
- Take over-the-counter painkillers
- Apply cold compress outside the mouth against the affected area
- Locate the tooth and try to reposition it
- Bite on a clean piece of cloth to secure the tooth in place
- If the tooth was totally knocked out, hold the tooth by the crown, not the root
- Rinse tooth with clean water, and avoid scrubbing the tooth and using soaps or detergents. Keep the tooth moist.
- If the tooth cannot be reinserted in its socket, store the tooth in a container of milk or with saliva. Do not store the tooth in tap water.
Lost Restoration or Filling
- Do not try to fix the restoration on your own. Call your dentist immediately
- Keep your mouth clean
- Apply a cold compress near the affected tooth
- Take over-the-counter pain medication to ease your discomfort
- Do not use the affected tooth to chew
Your Trusted Emergency Dentist in Golden Square
Golden Square Dental is your trusted and skilled emergency dentist in Golden Square. If you, your child, or your loved one has a dental emergency, contact us as soon as possible. Because we know that you are already in pain, we treat your dental problem with a sense of urgency in the most painless and gentlest way possible.
We are open from Monday to Friday to cater to your dental emergency needs.
Same Day Emergency Appointment Usually Available!
Request Appointment Online
277 High St, Golden Square VIC 3555